Thứ Ba, 26 tháng 1, 2010

Flightless bird, American mouth





I was a quick wit boy, diving too deep for coins.
All of your street light eyes wide on my plastic toys.
Then when the cops closed the fair,
I cut my long baby hair,
stole me a dog-eared map
and called for you everywhere.

Have I found you: Flightless Bird, jealous, weeping,
or lost you: American Mouth, big bill, looming?

Now I’m a fat house cat,
(nursing my sore, blunt tongue),
(watching the warm poison rats
crawl through the wide fence cracks),
(pissing on magazine photos
those fishing lures thrown in
the cold and clean blood of Christ mountain stream).

Have I (found you: Flightless Bird, jealous, weeping),
or (lost you: American Mouth, big bill, looming)?



----------------------

Those is false comments! *__*
http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ask-teacher/87505-flightless-bird.html

01.

wet = immature, fresh (like a clay pot just after it's turned on the wheel?)
stole me = [i] stole [for] me[myself] = I stole for my own use

when the cops closed the fair
The fair (a public gathering for the purposes of entertainment; a circus) was so much fun, that it became too rowdy. The cops had to come in and...

big pill = (I think!!!) big responsible, serious, or unpleasant task; deserved hardship, comeuppance; as in "it's a big pill to swallow" (see below). big pill looming = now I'm about to face something serious.

poison rats = poisonous or poisoned rats. Your guess is as good as mine. There should apparently be a comma before the word warm, if that means anything.

clean blood of Christ mountain stream.
They've created a verb "to mountain-stream". Mountain streams are very clear water that flows quickly over a hard rocky channel. The rocks clean the water further. On the other hand, the flow in a mountain stream is very unstable; it rises and falls. Consider the pulsing of a cut artery. Then think once again of what they tell us Christ's purpose was.

big pill stuck going down. someone could not handle the big responsibility. Who????

By the way, all pills are administered orally or rectally. How is the pill taken in this case?

PS. Poetry. The reason to study any language!

02.

I'm watching ....(many lines)... the clean blood of Christ mountain stream.

Construction: "I'm watching it run"

"I'm watching as the clean blood of Christ runs pulsing like a mountain stream"

To use "mountain stream" as a verb: poetic licence.

Không có nhận xét nào: